Where is it held?
The beauty of the Shenandoah National Park provides the perfect setting for learning French. We walk the trails along Skyline Drive by day and relax in our Luray country chalet at night.
Who Can Attend?
Our retreat weekends are open to adults of all ages who have previously studied French and are able to understand and communicate at a basic level of French.
Each immersion weekend includes 16-20 contact hours of French. Structured and semi-structured classes are held throughout the day both in the chalet and at select sites along the trails. Participants are put in a variety of settings requiring different forms of communication. Four levels of instruction are offered in order to accomodate the proficiency levels of each participant.
What is included?
Each weekend retreat includes:
* Instructor Fees and course materials
* Overnight shared accommodations in a beautiful country chalet
* Continental breakfast
* Five-course French dinner with wine
* Two picnic lunches
* Transportation by carpool
What should I bring?
Although the course materials are provided and the country chalet is fully equipped, we recommend bringing:
* Personal Bath Towel & Bed Linen
* Comfortable Socks And Walking Shoes
* Layered Clothing That Breathes
* Light-Weight Gloves
* Pocket Facial Tissues
* Pocket French/English Dictionary
Dates (for 2008)
||05 - 06
||04 - 05
||18 - 19
3 weeks before the beginning of a session with full payment. (late registrations accepted based on available space)
In case of inclement weather, all classes and activities will be held in our country chalet. Requests for refunds must be submitted at least two weeks in advance for a full refund (less $50 administrative fee). Partial refunds may be possible for late cancellations.
Program costs: (All inclusive)
Double occupancy with shared bath ($295)
Private room with shared bath ($325)
Private room with private bath ($355)
How do I register?
1. Fill out the application form
2. Specify your first and second choice of dates
3. Indicate your level of French
4. Submit full payment in advance by credit card (V/MC/AE) or make checks payable to French-American Exchange
> Go to Registration Form